Beliefs that bind us together
3. The Deity and perfect humanity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His atoning death His bodily resurrection, His ascension to Heaven, his mediatorial work, intercession and reign, and His personal, visible return in power and glory as judge of all humanity.
4. In the universal sinfulness of human nature, in consequence of the fall, making all humanity subject to God’s judgement and condemnation.
5. In redemption from the guilt and power of sin through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ as our representative and substitute, and the justification of the sinner by Grace through faith alone.
6. Of the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in making the death of Jesus Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting them repentance towards God, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and enabling the believer to live a holy life, witnessing and working for God.
7. That as all believers are baptised into the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit, all are responsible for keeping the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace: loving and caring for one another from a pure heart.